Are you celebrating British Tourism Week? It is a great chance for UK holiday providers to showcase what makes Britain such a great place for a holiday.
A report carried out by Visit Britain showed in particular that 1 in 5 people will be holidaying in a caravan this year!
Haven Holidays reported that 2.5 million customers choose to stay with them each year, making it possibly a fantastic year for Haven Holidays this year, as well as other caravan park operators such as Park Holidays UK and Park Resorts amongst others.
Haven Holidays had this to say about why they attract so many caravan holiday makers:
‘Value for money. We include lots in the price of the holiday so people can budget for their [caravan] break. We have a range of extra activities such as Aqua Jet Extreme, Learn2Swim, bike hire or football coaching – but they all cost a manageable £5 per session. And we’ve just introduced a Leisure Pass for our flagship parks which allows families to book these in advance at a discounted rate – which makes it even easier to budget.’
There has been much written in the press about the economic climate in the UK and the effect on worldwide tourism, causing many to opt to stay in the UK for 2009. There are many other factors involved such as the weak value of the pound, rising cost and worrying failures of airlines (notice the number of reported crashes seem higher this year) as well as the effect on climate of long-distance travel.
For those in the UK, booking a UK holiday now makes far more sense than ever:
- Shorter distances to get away on that holiday you’re planning
- Reduced impact on the environment with lower carbon emissions
- Booking with trusted UK holiday operators for peace of mind against bankruptcy
- No stress with check-ins and airports, especially for those with tiring kids that just want to get away and have fun
- Some fantastic places to visit, as showcased by Visit Britain and as advertised here
Fancy a caravaning holiday this year? Why not give these a go: